Ostra’s Year in Review
As we officially begin the new year, we’re humbled to share some our top accomplishments of 2022. As Your Trusted Cybersecurity Team, Ostra is grateful to all of our Channel Partners, clients, shareholders and industry colleagues who helped us achieve great things last year. Here’s to an even more spectacular 2023!
Blocking Threats in 2022
In response to a huge increase in cyber threats throughout the year, the Ostra Cybersecurity Defense Team was busier than ever in 2022.
- Ostra processed over 80 billion cybersecurity events in 2022
- Of the 80 billion processed events, approximately 225 million were designated as active threats
- Emails processed in 2022: 5 million
- Emails blocked due to threats: 2 million
- The average ransomware payment in 2022 was more than $250,000.1
- Companies with <100 employees receive 350% more social engineering attacks than larger companies.2
- The average downtime for a ransomware attack is 24 days.3
Cyber Jargon won’t Protect Clients
Ostra believes in listening to our clients, partners and peers in the industry, which is why we continue to engage our current clients and partners with Voice of Customer (VoC) surveys. Here’s what we learned in 2022…
- SMB leaders shared they need solutions that reduces drain on internal operations and IT. Many prefer cybersecurity offerings that can be managed by their MSP as part of their service.
- SMBs want their IT or MSP partner to care about their business and employees.
- Survey respondents indicated they value a cybersecurity team that can provide hands-on, 24/7 support.
- We were able to test and validate that the market trusts us to provide a comprehensive cybersecurity solution with real people and expertise behind it—NOT cyber jargon or IT people to talk over their heads.
Ostra is proud and humbled to be Your Trusted Cybersecurity Team—providing clients with the right tools managed by good people. And we could not protect our clients the way we do without our growing Channel Partner Network, which grew by more than 300% last year. These partnerships also enable Ostra to help our clients who are seeking referrals for MSP services, IT consulting, cyber insurance and/or security advisory services such as assessments, compliance and vCISO services.
Top Resources from 2022
Ostra’s mission remains focused on educating our community with cybersecurity news, trends and best practices. Here’s a roundup of some of our favorite blogs from 2022:
- Why Businesses Keep Losing the War on Cyber Terror: A 3-Part Series
- “Who Can You Trust” – A Hacks and Hops Session Recap
- Getting Started With a Trusted Cybersecurity Advisor
- Field Report: ” Phished by Association”
- Tackling the Top 3 Cybersecurity Hassles for MSPs
- Why SMBs are hot targets for ransomware (and how to avoid becoming a statistic)
We will continue to deliver more educational content in 2023, directly from our cybersecurity experts. Stay tuned for more on our blog and on LinkedIn.
Ready to explore how our Trusted Cybersecurity Team can support your business in 2023 and beyond? Contact Ostra today.