The Ultimate Reality Check for Cybersecurity
Introducing The Ultimate Reality Check for Cybersecurity from BrightTalk. In this free webinar, four presenters—including Ostra Co-Founder Michael Kennedy as one of the panelists and Chief Growth Officer Paul Dobbins as a moderator—shared how real-life threat events during the pandemic have forever changed the cyber threat landscape.
Large-scale data hacks and ransomware events have made global headlines recently. But far from the glare of media attention, organizations of all sizes are increasingly being targeted by cybercriminals due to insecure endpoints.
In this session, panelists shared real stories from the front lines of cybersecurity, as well as strategies for combating new-age threats in the face increasing endpoint visibility and control challenges.
Our panelists also discussed how recent high-profile cyberattacks are still impacting the business world, and what changes organizational leaders can anticipate from recent public hearings and governmental actions.
Here are just a few of the questions and topics that our panelists unpacked:
- How is the cyber-threat landscape changing?
- If our data is already out there, why should we care?
- What is really happening with “new threats” and ransomware, how are they being covered in the media?
- How has cloud computing and having a remote/hybrid workforce changed the way we think about endpoint security?
- What are strategies for combatting malware and cyberattacks?
- Why is it important to separate IT and Information Security roles in your organizations?
- Is the government doing anything to protect businesses, and will it work?
- How can companies improve compliance and risk mitigation when it comes to cloud data protection and cybersecurity?
The three panelists and our moderator for this event all work in the trenches of cybersecurity and risk management on a daily basis. They help businesses mitigate risk while learning how to improve cloud data protection, and how to prevent ransomware, malware and data breaches.
- Michael Kennedy, Co-Founder & CTO, Ostra Cybersecurity (panelist)
- Paul Dobbins, Chief Growth Officer, Ostra Cybersecurity (moderator)
- Oscar Minks, Director of Technical Solutions and Services at FR Secure (panelist)
- Heidi J.K. Fessler, Founder and Cybersecurity/Data Privacy Attorney at Innova Law Group, PLLC (panelist)
How to Watch
To watch a FREE replay of this 50-minute webinar that was first presented on July 12, click here.